Best way to stop a child from Bed-wetting
Bed wetting is a big issue for children and it give their parents a lot of concern because
- The ammonia from the urine might spoilt the bed
- It would be a disgrace to the parents and the kid if the kid went out to stay with a neighbor or family.
- When it’s not corrected as a child, it would be a big problem to correct as adult.
Below might help you as a parent to stop your child from bed-wetting
How to stop bed-wetting
- Don’t give heavy food to your child at late night because digesting the food will require a lot of water and lead to a lot of water excretion.
- Don’t give your child food later than 5pm. The food would have digested well enough before the child go to bed.
- Wake your child up about 2 to 3 hours after she goes to bed so that she goes and urinate. As a parent you need to get an alarm to do the Job of waking you up.
- Wake up your child again around 3am to urinate.
- You might need to wake your child up to urinate 2-3 times before day break.
- Sometimes late night cold might be the reason for bed-wetting. So as a parents, you need to wake up around 12am midnight to close all the windows and put a cloth on your child.
African method of stopping bed-wetting
In Africa, a bed-wetting child would be ask/told to urinate on a red charcoal.
Any time the child want to bed wet, the urine will be hot in the child’s bladder and would wake the child up.
Please drop your comments