- Differences in values, beliefs, or expectations
- Miscommunication or lack of communication
- Parental inconsistency or inconsistency in setting boundaries
- Differences in personality or temperament
- External stressors or life events, such as a change in family structure or financial stress
- Lack of support or understanding from the parent
- Parental control or overprotection
- Parental neglect or lack of attention
It is important to remember that conflicts between children and parents are a normal part of family life, and that it is natural for parents and children to have disagreements or differences of opinion.
However, it is important to learn how to resolve conflicts in a healthy and constructive way, and to seek help if conflicts become chronic or unmanageable.