Some safe and effective options for treating postpartum acne include:
- Topical treatments such as salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide, which can help to unclog pores and reduce inflammation.
- Gently cleansing the skin with a mild, non-abrasive cleanser.
- Keeping the skin moisturized to help prevent dryness and irritation.
- Using products containing azelaic acid, which has been shown to be effective in treating acne and is considered safe during breastfeeding.
- Consult a dermatologist, they can provide personalized recommendations and a treatment plan.
It's important to note that postpartum acne can be caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy, breastfeeding and after childbirth.
It's possible that a treatment that worked before pregnancy may not work as well after pregnancy, and that it can take a few months for hormone levels to return to normal.
It is also important to note that postpartum depression and anxiety can also occur, it is important to seek professional help if these symptoms appear.