Signs of postpartum depression may include:
- Persistent sadness or crying
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Difficulty bonding with your newborn
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Difficulty sleeping or excessive fatigue
- Thoughts of death or suicide
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's important to seek help as soon as possible.
You can start by talking to your healthcare provider.
They can provide treatment options and referrals to mental health professionals who specialize in postpartum depression.
You can also seek support from friends and family, and consider joining a support group for mothers experiencing postpartum depression.
Remember that you're not alone and that it's okay to ask for help.