Some common things that 12-year-olds may do include:
- Attend middle school or junior high
- Spend more time with friends and participate in extracurricular activities
- Develop hobbies and interests, such as sports, music, or art
- Explore new experiences, such as attending concerts or other events
- Begin to think more critically and develop their own opinions and perspectives
- Show an increased interest in relationships and intimacy
- Take on greater responsibility and independence in their daily lives
- Begin to think about their future goals and aspirations.
Overall, 12-year-olds are at a stage of development where they are beginning to assert their independence and explore the world around them.
It is important for parents and caregivers to provide support and guidance during this time, and to encourage the child to develop their interests and talents.