Some examples of how unhealed childhood trauma may manifest in adulthood include:
- Depression or anxiety.
- Difficulty forming and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Chronic pain or other physical symptoms.
- Substance abuse or other destructive behaviors.
- Flashbacks or intrusive thoughts about the trauma.
- Avoiding situations or experiences that remind the individual of their trauma.
- Difficulty managing emotions or responding to stress in healthy ways.
- Low self-esteem or self-worth.
These are just some examples of how unhealed childhood trauma may manifest in adulthood.
It is important for individuals who are experiencing these symptoms to seek support and treatment from a mental health professional.
With the right support and treatment, individuals can learn to manage their symptoms and to move forward in their lives.