15 SALT TIPS AND TRICKS
16. Salt can be used as a preservative method for meat, fish or vegetables. It helps to prevent bacteria growth.
17. Salt, baking soda and white vinegar are the most important cleaning chemical in the kitchen.
18. You can clean your wooden cutting board with salt and lemon.
19. Grease fires have to be put out with baking soda or salt. Just throw them on the fire.
20. Add salt on your cocoyam when it starts boiling in order to make it soften quickly.
21. To store your ogiri, mix it with salt and put it in a container. Your ogiri will stay for years without getting spoilt.
22. If you burn milk while heating it on the stove, add a pinch of salt to temper the scorched smell and taste.
23. While sauteing onions, adding a bit of salt will enhance the cooking process.
24. When boiling eggs, add a pinch of salt to keep the shells from cracking.
25. If you don't want your spaghetti to gum together while cooking, add a drop of vegetable oil into a salty boiling water and it will come out separately.
26. Soaking your rice with hot water and salt before cooking will help to remove excess starch.
27. You can use salt to parboil your rice in order to remove the starch from the rice quickly.
28. If you don't want your candle to burn quick, soak it in a water mix with salt for 2 to 3 hours.
29. Salt is used to clean smelly food that spills on kitchen utensil. Sprinkle the salt on it and later brush away the salt.
30. Salt is used to test the egg freshness. Drop the egg in the water mixed with salt and if it is bad, it will float and if it is fresh it will sink.
Rate This Article
Thanks for reading: Salt Tips for Mothers, Stay tune to for more Parenting Tips.